Trinity United Methodist Church
Bringing People Closer to Christ
Thank you for visiting the website of Trinity United Methodist Church in Newberry, South Carolina.
Trinity was established in 1835 and the first church building was not far from where the church now stands.
We are excited to be celebrating our 186th anniversary this year.
We are a nurturing and open church to all who enter into our Sanctuary.
We base our ministry on the Word of God and a caring spirit.
Jesus invites us to share our ministry to all that come into our church.
We would love to have you visit and worship with us.
Open Hearts. Open Minds. Open Doors.
Worship at Trinity
Traditional Worship Service 11:00 a.m.
Trinity has returned to In-Person worship. We welcome you to join us each Sunday.
Trinity will be live streaming our service on our Facebook page, trinityumcnewberry each Sunday.
A Facebook link is found below.
Meet Pastor Douglas Benton
Pastor Douglas Benton (Pastor Doug) is the new pastor serving Trinity UMC and New Chapel UMC beginning July 1, 2021. He will continue residing in Leesville, South Carolina.
Pastor Doug comes to us with experience in Urban Ministry, Rural Ministry and Transitional Ministry, having served in a number of churches since his first assignment at St. Marks/Cross UMC in Marion, NC, in 1996. His ministry has led him to serve congregations in Asheville, NC, as well as Columbia, Laurens, and Pinopolis, SC.
Pastor Doug has been a widow since 2016. He recently married Carrie Hutto. Together they have nine combined adult children, sixteen grandchildren and three great grandchildren.
Pastor Doug retired in July, 2020, but still felt a strong calling to serve the Lord. When asked if he would come out of retirement to minister to Trinity and New Chapel, he gladly did so. Please stop by to see him or give him a call. He is anxious
to meet everyone.
* Duke University
Some members of our Church Team
Working together to make Trinity Better
Pastor Doug Benton
GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP
The following are the guidelines of Trinity UMC for in-person worship. These guidelines will remain in place until further notice. We have returned to the pre-covid church service format.
1. If you have symptoms (fever, coughing, headache, etc.) please remain at home.
2. Please practice social distancing if it makes you feel more comfortable.
3. You do not have to wear a mask unless you choose to do so. Masks are recommended upon entering and leaving.
4. The Bishop has approved and the Council has voted that the choir can begin again. Choir members must utilize social distancing while seated in the choir loft
5. There will be no children’s church downstairs during the service at the current time.
6. Communion will be celebrated the first Sunday of each month using pre-packaged juice and wafer.
7. The sanctuary is cleaned each week. Hand sanitizer is always available and is easily accessible.
WEEKLY SCRIPTURE/SERMON TOPICS FOR JANUARY. 2022